Friday, October 24, 2014

Home remedy for irritated gums

Honey and cinnamon go so well together

If you're like me you enjoy lots of foods flavored with honey and cinnamon like graham crackers, cereal, tea, and desserts. But did you also know that honey and cinnamon have natural anti-bacterial properties and together can help treat irritated gums?

Whenever I experience minor gum irritation I run straight to my pantry for relief. I make a paste out of a few drops of honey and a sprinkling of cinnamon powder. I rub the mixture on the irritated gum area and if it's near the root of a tooth I floss with a piece of dental floss coated with the mixture.

I've experienced immediate relief and have had gum pain disappear after just one application. Added benefit - it's a tasty treatment! And it's okay if you swallow it.

This is just a home remedy I use occasionally for minor discomfort. I advocate visiting the dentist every 6 months for a check-up and cleaning. And of course floss and brush twice a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment